AN ATTIC FAN PROVIDES YEAR-ROUND BENEFITS
BENEFITS OF VENTILATION
– Protection from premature aging of roofing materials
– Helps dissipate unwanted moisture year-round
– Reduces heating and cooling costs
– Prolongs the lifecycle of heating and air conditioning systems
– Increases the comfort of living spaces
Adequate ventilation creates a positive flow of air that allows the attic to breathe. Cross ventilation is achieved when the external air is drawn in to displace stagnant attic air that is forced out through exhaust vents.
In summer ventilation expels hot air from the attic to reduce the strain on air-conditioning systems. In winter, ventilation helps keep roof and attic temperatures cold to avoid ice dams created by melting snow and to vent any moisture that moves from the conditioned living space to the attic.
An attic fan is a cost-effective way to dramatically improve attic ventilation by displacing attic air quicker, on a regular basis regardless of external airflow or wind speeds.