ATTIC VENTILATION & INSULATION WILL COUNTY
We are attic insulation contractors serving Will County customers.
In Will County, there are a number of new homes. Some of these new homes have ridge vents installed by the builder. Moisture from the living space below will rise up into the attic. When moist warm air collides with cold attic air, moisture condensation occurs. The condensed moisture can collect on ridge vent screens and freeze, blocking proper cross ventilation. If ignored, the blocked ridge vents can lead to ice dams and other structural problems. Learn more about ice dams here.
We see this with townhomes, single-family homes, and even some recently constructed commercial buildings.
For older homes in Will County, we often find inadequate insulation, blocked soffit vents, and other common attic problems.
Tips for homeowners:
- Inspect your inside your attic and your soffits for signs of animal damage (don’t ignore unexplained noises coming from your attic space)
- Check your home for air leaks around windows, doors, light fixtures, and electrical outlets. Air sealant is an affordable way to improve living space comfort
- Check your level of insulation. Click here to learn more.
- Examine your intake vents – look for vent panels under your eaves or soffits. Learn more about intake vents here.
- Try to minimize the use of your attic to storage.