Homeowners – when was the last time you inspected your attic?
Contrary to popular belief, your attic is not just a place to store items that you don’t often use. Rather, it is an important component in keeping your home comfortable, energy-efficient, and structurally sound. A poor-performing attic space can lead to high utility bills, structural damage, and living spaces too cold in winter and too hot in summer.
It is recommended that you inspect your attic twice a year. Ongoing attic inspections can help identify problems before they get out of hand.
WE OFFER FREE ATTIC INSPECTIONS
Our job is strictly to inform you. Our inspectors are trained technicians – not sales reps, so you don’t have to worry about being hard sold. We don’t like a hard sell any more than you do!
WE KNOW ATTICS
With two decades of experience helping Chicago area homeowners identify and correct attic issues, we know what to look for.
Our inspection goals:
- Ensure proper attic ventilation – Learn more about attic ventilation, click here
- Check for signs of moisture condensation – Learn more about attic moisture here.
- Check for signs of mold – Learn more about attic mold here
- Inspect your attic for signs of vermin infestation – Click here to learn more about attic infestation
- Measure the level of insulation in your attic – Click here to learn more about attic insulation
- Inspect the insulation for moisture, identify any areas where insulation is uneven, compressed, or missing
- Identify bathroom exhaust fans or dryer ducts that may be venting into the attic – Click here to learn about improper venting
- Conduct a visual inspection of the exterior roof, soffits, eaves, and gutters to identify potential problems
A typical attic inspection takes approximately 20 minutes. Once we have completed the inspection, we provided you with our findings and made any recommendations to improve the performance of your attic.