WE ARE PINKING OF YOU!
October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. To all the women and families who have been touched by breast cancer, we are “pinking” of you!
Breast cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the tissues of the breast.
Facts about Breast Cancer in the United States
- One in eight women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 246,660 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,000 will die.
- Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,600 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and approximately 440 will die each year.
- On average, every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer and 1 woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes.
- Over 2.8 million breast cancer survivors are alive in the United States today.
Early detection is key to saving more lives! Click here to learn about self examination – then do it, or ask the women in your life to do it often!
FIGHT FOR THE CURE! LET’S BEAT THIS THING!
Together, we can fight breast cancer for good! To learn how you can help, click here: