Naperville Residential Energy Efficiency Rebates
The City of Naperville Electric Utility is offering rebates for homeowners who install energy-efficient attic insulation and replace single-pane windows.
- To qualify for the rebate, applicants must be residential Naperville Electric Utility customers who own or rent their residence.
- Improvements must be purchased and installed after Jan. 1, 2022.
- The rebates are limited to 50% of the project, including material and installation, with a $3,000 maximum rebate for each energy-efficient improvement.
- Customers could qualify for a maximum rebate of $6,000, if they installed both attic insulation and energy-efficient windows.
- Rebates will end when all funding is allocated.
- Applicants must provide a copy of their current utility bill showing they are a contributor to the Renewable Energy Program at the $5-per-month level or above. Renewable Energy Program contributions are the source of funding for these rebates. For more information and to sign up for the program, visit www.naperville.il.us/renewable.
For attic insulation, the final level of insulation (preexisting and new) must have a minimum R-Value of R49. A final depth of at least 15” is generally sufficient to reach the required R49 value.
THE ATTIC EXPERTS
We are the Attic Experts – serving Naperville and all other Chicago area suburbs for nearly 30 years. We provide insulation and attic ventilation. Not sure about your attic insulation? Schedule a free attic inspection today, call 630.941.3800.